Trekking in Nepal is one of the popular tourism activities in Nepal. Nepal offers numerous trekking destinations which makes it very difficult for a trekker to choose one as every trekking destination has its own unique features. Lapha Holidays hereby provides you with some of the best treks in Nepal to help you choose one of the best.
Best Treks in Nepal
Table of Content
Nepal is a beautiful country, possessing 8 of the top highest peaks in the world and some of the most beautiful landscapes, frozen lakes and forest hills which are reachable on foot, making Nepal the hot spot destination for trekkers. Every year Nepal attracts thousands of trekkers and explorers. The terrain of Nepal offers numerous stunning trekking routes with to hard choice of selecting which trekking destination to explore in Nepal.
Which trek is actually the best in Nepal? It is unfair to name just one trek in Nepal as the best. An ultimate answer to this question does literally come down to your personal trekking preferences. It depends upon the level of difficulty, available days for trekking, the remoteness of the trek and budget of trekkers.
To save the precious time of your holiday and help you make a decision of choosing your most preferable trekking destination in Nepal. Lapha holidays hereby present you the best 10 treks in Nepal depending upon the popularity.
- Everest Base Camp Trek- 15days
- Annapurna Circuit Trek- 19 days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek- 13 days
- Ghorepani Poonhill Trek-10 days
- Langtang Valley Trek- 10 days
- Manaslu Circuit Trek- 16 days
- Everest Three High Passes Trek- 20 days
- Gokyo Ri Trek- 14 days
- Upper Mustang Trek- 17 days
- Upper Dolpo Trek- 23 days
Everest Base Camp Trek- 15 days
- Experience the glory of walking on the trail traversed by legendary mountaineers
- Visit Kala Pathar at 5600m, a vantage point providing a great scenic view of snowcapped mountains peaks such as Nuptse, Lhotse and Mt. Everest
- Close-up view of the world highest mountain, Mt. Everest
- Explore unique Sherpa culture and ancient monasteries
Everest Base Camp trek is one of the most popular trekking destinations of Nepal. Every year thousands of trekkers from around the world trek to Everest region. This trek will take you to the foot of the world highest mountain and will literally bring you face-to-face to the world’s highest mountains, Mt. Everest. The trekking trails are great as you will be walking through beautiful astonishing landscapes, unique villages and ancient monasteries. During this trek, you will have opportunity to explore culturally rich Sherpa village such as Namche Bazaar, Dingboche, Tengboche and many more and meet Sherpa people-renowned for their climbing skills and ability to settle on the harsh altitude in the world.
Annapurna Circuit Trek- 19 days
- Crossing the world’s widest pass- the Thorong La pass at 5416m
- Visit Hindus and Buddhist holiest Muktinath temple
- Hike along with the world deepest gorge- Kali Gandaki river
- Superb views of Mt. Manaslu, Pisang peak, Annapurnas, Himalchuli peak and fishtail mountain
- Explore the beautiful remote village and ethnic culture
Annapurna circuit trek is one of the incredible journeys to explore the diverse landscapes and culture of Nepal. The trekking routes traverse from paddy fields, subtropical forests, thrilling glaciers lakes, rivers and waterfalls to the alpine forest to barren and rocky landscapes as a result of the high difference in altitudes- ranging from 760m to 5416m. Annapurna circuit trek offers an amazing view of Annapurna I, Maachapucchre (6993m), Dhaulagiri (8167m), Manaslu (8156m) and Gangapurna (7455m), Tilicho Peak (7134m) and many more. The trail run through some of the most admired villages of Nepal such as Ghandruk, Ghorepani, Poonhill, Manang, Upper Pisang, Muktinath and you will be crossing the world highest pass- Thorong La Pass at 5416m.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek - 13 days
- Picturesque view of beautiful hills and fabulous mountains scenery
- Explore ethnic tribes and culture of Nepal
- Come close to the base of one of the world’s most dangerous mountain- Annapurna I (8,091m)
- A hot bath in natural hot spring in Jhinu Danda
Annapurna Base Camp is the most intensely scenic short trek in Nepal that takes you to the foot of the world 10th highest peak, Mt. Annapurna I (8091). The trek is the perfect blend of diverse natural scenery and rich cultural diversity of the Annapurna region. This trek provides a superb view of snowcapped Himalayas such as Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Himchuli, Maachapuchhare, Annapurna I and Annapurna II. The trail passes through remote Gurung village namely, Ghandruk, Landruk, Chommrong, Ghorepani and Deurali one of the ethnic tribe of Nepal, well known all over the world for their bravery.
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek- 10 days
- Spectacular sunrise with a fantastic panorama of Annapurna mountain range
- Hike through beautiful rhododendron forest
- Walking through amazing and constantly changing landscapes
- Explore Gurung, Poon and Magar tribes and their cultures
Ghorepani Poon hill trek is comparatively easier and shorter trekking in Annapurna region which is popular among beginners. Wandering through terraced farmlands, beautiful rhododendron forest and hospitable Gurung villages, this trek is well known for its incredible sunrise and sunset view over the entire Annapurna mountain range from the top of the Poonhill. This trek is beautiful during spring season and path will be flourishing by various rhododendron and wild orchids’ flowers
Langtang Valley Trek- 10 days
- Opportunity to watch endangered red panda
- Hike to Tsergor_Ri (5,000m) for a stunning view of the mountain panorama
- Breathtaking views of Ganjala Range, Dorje Lakpa Range and Khemjung Glacier
- visit oldest Buddhist monastery in Kyanjin Gompa
- Explore the unique and fascinating culture of Tamang community
- Opportunity to see the beautiful glacier at relatively low altitude
Langtang valley trek is one of the closest trekking destinations from Kathmandu, yet the region offers culturally rich villages and unspoiled pure natural beauty. Langtang region is closely bordered to Tibet making this one of the much interesting trekking trails for traveller interesting in exploring ancient Tibetan lifestyles and culture. Langtang valley is surrounded by mountain-like Langtang Lirung, Langtang Ri, Dorje Lakpa, Langshisa Ri and Langtang Himal making it a prime destination for hiking and observe the close up Himalayan view of Nepal.
Manaslu Circuit Trek- 16 days
- Very diverse and isolated routes
- Come close to Mt. Manaslu (8156m)- 8th highest peak in the world
- Cross Larkya La(5,115m), a high remote and challenging pass
- Fantastic views of Himlung Himal, Cheo Himal, Kang Guru and Annapurna II
- Explore Nupri region and culture where villagers are descendants of Tibetan Immigrants
Manaslu circuit trek is relatively a new and most challenging trekking route of Nepal with relatively diverse, remote and isolated trails compare to other popular trekking trails of Nepal. The trek offers a rich cultural heritage, unsurpassed Himalayan scenic beauty and fascinating Tibetan. This trek goes around the stunning Mt. Manaslu, the 8th highest mountain in the world offers amazing panoramas views of 8000m peaks and deep lush valleys.
Everest Three High passes trek- 20 days
- Hike to the remote and untouched valley of Khumbu Region
- Summit three great peaks: Gokyo Ri, Kala Pathar, Chukung Ri
- Cross three immense passes: Kong Ma La (5535m) Cho La (5420m) and Renjo La (5340m) of Everest region
- Explore the Sherpa villages and experiment with their culture and traditions
- Remarkable views of Khumbu ice-fall
Everest three high passes treks are the ultimate tour of the Everest region. The routes are remote, diverse and secluded and you will be passing through three over 5000m high passes namely Renjo La Pass (5388m), Cho La Pass (5380m) and Kongma La Pass (5535m) which make walking along the trail a challenging and adventurous. The trek provides breathtaking views of the world highest peaks, Mt. Everest and its surrounding peaks. The venture takes you to Everest Base Camp, the towering Kala Pathar and the tranquil Gokyo valley with its emerald lakes and. This 3 weeks long trek gives you enough time to understand the local culture and lifestyle of the untouched valley of the Everest region.
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek- 14 days
- Pass Gokyo Ri (5,357m), a rocky peak with one of the best expansive view of Mt. Everest
- Superb views of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Chholatse peak, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse and Khumbila
- Appealing view of beautiful Gojumpa Glacier (largest glacier of Nepal)
- Spectacular view of the ice edge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang (7922m)
- Explore Sherpa village and their culture
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri trek is an exceptional trek to the Gokyo valley, situated just west of the Everest Base Camp trek and is a great alternative if you are looking for least crowded and more remote routes in Everest region. This trek provides a best panoramic view of Thamserku, Amadablam, Khumbila, Kwande, Pumori, Nuptse, Mt. Everest and many other Himalayas of Everest Region. The trails pass through charming little villages, alpine valleys, numerous thrilling suspension bridges and glacial moraines. The six pristine green and blue lakes of the Gokyo region namely, Thonak Cho, Gokyo Chu, Gyanzumpa Cho, Tanjung Cho are the main attraction of this trek.
Upper mustang -17 days
- Explore Mustang area’s capital city- Lo Manthang
- Treeless and barren colourful landscapes
- Explore Manangi people and their own rich and unique culture and traditions
- A journey full of cultural inputs and Tibetan traditions
- Panoramic view of massive Annapurna range, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri
- 16th-century Buddhist monasteries and caves carved into sheer cliff walls
Upper Mustang Trek is the trek to the hidden paradise and most photogenic place hidden behind the majestic Himalayan region with striking terrain of the semi-arid desert with deep ravines and rock shelves fringed with snowy peaks. Upper mustang is culturally and Geo-politically sensitive area and wasn’t open for trekking until 1992.
Culture and landscape of the region is close to that of Tibet. Due to the isolation from the world, the region is able to retain its centuries-old culture and traditions and beautiful landscapes. This trek is a great option for the trekkers who are looking for unique Tibetan culture together with beautiful photogenic landscapes with colourful hills and cliffs of red earth.
Upper Dolpo trek- 23 days
- Superb view of the Kanjirowa Himal mountain and many more
- Visit holy Crystal Mountain
- Observe Unique Tibetan Buddhist culture
- Visit deepest lake of Nepal,” Shey Phoksundo” and the Shey Gomba monasteries
- Explore ancient monasteries of Dolpo district
Upper Dolpo trekking is an adventurous camping trek to the remote and untamed Himalayan region of Nepal. The region was only opened for trekkers in the late eighties. The remoteness of the region adds a sense of adventure among the trekkers. The trails pass through stunning barren landscapes and picturesque mountain filled with Tibetan style villages which hold century’s old culture and tradition untouched by the modern world. During the trek you will are required to cross the three high passes Nagdalo La (5350m), Shey La (5000m) and Jeng La (5110m) which involve long climbs and long descents. The Upper Dolpo trek is very challenging and expensive but the experience you get is highly rewarding because of its beautiful landscapes and insightful cultural exposure.
Besides above mention treks, Nepal offers numerous trekking destinations in Nepal which are exceptionally beautiful but including all of them was not possible for us. As we have discussed earlier that different people have different preferences. But Lapha Holidays is very sure that the above mentioned 10 popular treks of Nepal will live up to your needs and expectations of a perfect trekking journey. We believe that your trekking experience will be a great memory to cherish later in your life that will leave you with a craving for more adventure.