1. How many days are required for Mount Kailash Mansarovar Tour?
The Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour is a 12 days journey. You will be travelling in a private vehicle and bus during your trip. The trip normally includes 6 days drive and 3 days trek.
2. How long does it take to finish the Kailash Parikrama?
The Kailash Parikrama or Kora will take a total of three days. You will be covering a distance of 53 km in these three days. The trek will begin from Darchen to Dira-puk, Dira-Puk to Zuthul Puk via Dolma La pass and Zuthul Puk to Darchen. During the trek, you will come across some of the gorgeous landscapes, tranquil valleys and high passes.
3. What is the best time to travel?
The best time for this holy trip is between mid-May to mid-October. During this time period, the weather is clear giving you the good visibility and temperature is less chilly during the day but at night the temperature drops below the freezing point.
4. What is the age limit for Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour?
The age limit for Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour is 18 years to 70 years. The older people need to be medically fit to take part in this high altitude trek. However, we insist every traveller consult their doctor before travelling to this high altitude journey.
5. Do you need to acquire a visa for Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour?
Yes, a visa is a must for undertaking the Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour. As per the latest rules, after verification of documents and necessary permits, you must apply for the visa at China embassy. The rules of authorities keep on changing, it is better to keep yourself updated before planning this tour. Please free to contact us for any information regarding visa application.
6. What official document will I need during the mount Kailash Mansarovar tour?
You need to carry a valid passport with 4 passport size photograph and medical insurance policy.
7. Can we climb or touch Mount Kailash?
No, The mount Kailash is a sacred place for followers of Hindu, Buddhist, Bon and Jain, thus no one is allowed to climb to its summit.
8. Is Asthapad and Inner Parikrama included in our Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour?
No, Asthapad and Inner Parikrama are not included in Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour. However, we can customize the package at an additional cost upon the request of our guest. All you have to do is speak to our Kailash expert team.
9. How difficult is Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour?
Yes, Mount Kailash Mansarovar is strenuous. The drive is quick easy but the 3 days trek can be difficult and strenuous as one has to withstand extreme cold temperature, high altitude pressure and walk through rocky trails and pass through the high altitude passes. But our team on the trek is well experienced and well equipped who will try to make your journey go smooth with less pressure.
10. What is the maximum altitude during the trek?
The highest pass you will come across during your journey is Dolma La pass with an elevation of 5630m.
11. What kind of accommodation do you provide during the tour?
You will get 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and guest house accommodation in Tibet. However, during 3 days Kailash parikrama camping accommodation will be provided.
12. What facilities are provided for camping days?
We provide all the necessary camping equipment including tents, kitchen equipment, cooks etc. We also provide sleeping bags, down jacket, oxygen back-up and Gaymo bag to our guest which is to be returned at the end.
13. Is good sanitation available during the camping days?
Yes, we provide toilet tents.
14. Will cook be travelling with us during the entire trip?
Yes, cooks will be travelling with you during your entire trip. They will carry all necessary cooking items and utensils. Cook will serve only vegetarian meals during your tour.
15. Is drinking water readily available during the Kailash Kora?
During Kora, you will be provided with hot water by the crew. We suggest you carry a water bottle and water purification tablets with you.
16. Are there any communication facilities available during Kailash Parikrama?
Darchen is the last point where the communication facility is available. Mobile will not work in the Kailash region.
17. What happens if we do not feel comfortable to continue the journey?
In such a situation, the people who are not comfortable to continue the journey must stay back in Darchen for 3 days while others who are fit will continue their journey to Kailash Kora.
18. What are the things we must carry for the Mount Kailash Mansarovar tour?
Warm clothes, water bottle, water purification tablets, suncream and lotion, utility knife, and sleeping bags, down jacket, medicine for headache, fever, cold and stomach disorders. We also suggest you to carry some dry fruit, chocolates, nuts and biscuits.